Today, technology is evolving at very fast rate in every sector of the economy. To manage the warehouse more significantly, technology need to be equipped. A smart warehouse shall further allow in improving efficiency, accuracy and productivity and implement flexibility and functionality in the working.
Listing out steps that as a warehouse software development company we follow:
1. Understand the Expectations: We understand that implementing a new WMS entails a lot of expectations from Directors, managers and employees. Warehouse managers expect the software to be user-friendly. Other staff members expect their work will become easier. Our team of experts work really close with you to manage the expectations and aids employees to adjust with the changes in warehouse system.
2. Business Review: To understand the current business processes is of foremost importance. We pen down all the operational processes to understand how the WMS shall work in your business environment. Areas that we evaluate are:
- Problem areas.
- Distribution centres
- Workforce productivity
- Technology requirements
- Areas of improvement
3. Implementation Specialists: We build a team of specialists having an average experience of 3 years. They would assist in quality assurance, project management and training. Also, success of WMS will largely depend on them
4. System Configuration: This phase involves building an automated process and developing a virtual warehouse with the help of intelligent tools. It also involves hardware implementation depending on the size of your operation. This step includes:
- Hardware solution analysis
- Acquire third-party hardware
- Install/configure hardware
5. Testing: After configuration, the next step involves manual and automated testing. Various warehousing stages are tested and bugs are fixed accordingly. The testing phase involves:
- Configure system – to meet business goals
- Operational Testing
- Characterize test criteria
- Test implementation of WMS
6. Training: After testing, the next step involves WMS training to your team, it’s necessary for your team to know what exactly they are doing. The training process is time-consuming but is important as it provide broad knowledge of WMS. Training includes:
- End-user training for both web and mobile platforms.
- Regular trainings
- Training to ease implementation process
- Training while shifting from one WMS to another
7. Deployment: After configuration & testing, the next critical stage is deployment. On the date decided, the data snapshot of the warehouse is uploaded to the database of new warehouse management system. A new system comes into force then.
8. Support: Post-deployment support is important to identify issues that were not recognized at the implementation stage. The support caters:
- On-site support
- 24*7*365 support
- Cloud-based WMS for support
- Support for customization
Benefits of Warehouse Management System
WMS is proved to be beneficial for both large and small businesses in following ways:
- Reduction in human error
- Flexibility in operation
- More accuracy in workforce requirement
- Improved supplier relationship
- Systematic warehouse processes
- Improved inventory accuracy
- Proper demand forecasting
- Enhance in ROI
- Lower overall cost
- Customer service & tracking
- Increased labour productivity
- Improved billing management
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Enhance employee morale
- Increased productivity
- Increased efficiency
Today, Tech Anand Rathi warehouse management software enables you to save money and time, further assisting in streamlining your business processes. Get a head start today by using us as your reliable WMS integration and customization partner. To know more how we can help, contact us today!